Friday, July 17, 2009

Going Camping {Yay}

We’re leaving to go camping tongith. . . the husband, the daughters, daughters friend, 2 dogs, tent, sleeping bags, food . . .and of course beverages. Perfect. I can already feel relaxation. Aaaahhhh.


I used to not like camping – that was before my husband and I compromised and we were not out in a “campsite” ie: FIELD that had no restroom, in the middle of May which was usally 50% raining/downpouring. Now my lovely family and I go in the dead of summer,where restrooms are clean, and campsites have a marked area for a fire and a sweet spot for our tent.

I’m good with that 2 times a year. I’m not an “avid” outdoors-person, so in the art of compromise I am slowly working on it. And 2 nights is good enough for me. One night for card-games, smores and a great dinner and another night for burgers, beer and stories around the fire. And the kids can’t really get lost in 2 days {I Hope!}

I love the magazine Sunset, it gives me hope for camping and inspires me to give my kids and my family those memories that are so well displayed in their beautiful pictures.

This is my camping trip:










But – this is the little something I bought to get me through the oh so cold nights J
{Don’t Judge – it’s from Hollister , but its from the Guys Dept. so that works for camping right?}




XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment